GeekCafe.XYZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the GeekCafe.XYZ website.
NEW Partner page is up and running. Visit the homepage to see our partners.
The website is still under heavy active development. Some areas of the site might change during your visit as we implement new code.

Go down
ChiropracticBender#2073
ChiropracticBender#2073
Admin
Posts Posts : 52
GeekCred GeekCred : 0
Join date Join date : 2020-08-03
Location Location : Canada

Laptop suggestions (purchasing) Empty Laptop suggestions (purchasing)

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:03 pm
Jump to message!

Hi! I need some help... Basically, I'm tired of spending money on laptops because I've always had temperature issues with them. Right now I have an Asus laptop and I can't even write simple code properly because its keyboard is too hot after a while... It's not normal that this is happening while just using Visual Studio Code and Google Chrome.

I'm planning to buy a new computer in the future, but as laptops seem to have a temperature issues, I might buy a desktop computer. The problem is, I want something not too complicated to take with me in case I have to move as it's not sure if I'm gonna stay in the same house for most of my life. So, I have been thinking about getting an all-in-one computer like an iMac.

What is your suggestion? I need a computer which doesn't have temperature issues. I sometimes play light games like the Sims 4

#laptop #purchase
NaCl10
NaCl10
Posts Posts : 6
GeekCred GeekCred : 1
Join date Join date : 2020-08-05

Laptop suggestions (purchasing) Empty Re: Laptop suggestions (purchasing)

Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:37 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'd recommend a ThinkPad of some sort. They basically never have temperature issues unless they're REALLY jacked up. The T440P and P50 are both good options, and if you only need to do very light gaming, I'd recommend a T420 (or maybe a T480). I have one and I've been able to run Minecraft on it alright, but I definitely can't do streaming or anything.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum