GeekCafe.XYZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the GeekCafe.XYZ website.
NEW Partner page is up and running. Visit the homepage to see our partners.
The website is still under heavy active development. Some areas of the site might change during your visit as we implement new code.

Go down
ChiropracticBender#2073
ChiropracticBender#2073
Admin
Posts Posts : 52
GeekCred GeekCred : 0
Join date Join date : 2020-08-03
Location Location : Canada

Slow browser download on windows 10 Empty Slow browser download on windows 10

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:44 pm
When downloading stuff over my browser its really slow but when downloading stuff over steam/other things (from the same source) its faster.
anyone know what might be causing this?
dont want to wait 2 hours (seriously) for a 3gb file...
NaCl10
NaCl10
Posts Posts : 6
GeekCred GeekCred : 1
Join date Join date : 2020-08-05

Slow browser download on windows 10 Empty Re: Slow browser download on windows 10

Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:38 am
feli - from Discord wrote:when using balena etcher i get speeds of 7MB/s

Balena etcher doesn't download anything, it burns stuff to USB sticks/SD cards. The speed you see in Etcher is the speed of your USB port/drive or SD card, not your internet speed.

Also, have you tried a different browser? It could just be one browser acting weird for whatever reason. Another thing that might help if that's the case is reinstalling your browser.

Last edited by NaCl10 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing me being dumb and not knowing how to use BBCode (WHY DOESN'T EVERYTHING JUST USE MARKDOWN?!?!?!) Second edit: Fixing more of my own supidity)

ChiropracticBender#2073 likes this post

3onk
Posts Posts : 1
GeekCred GeekCred : 0
Join date Join date : 2020-08-25
Location Location : Sweden

Slow browser download on windows 10 Empty Re: Slow browser download on windows 10

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:43 pm
Websites can cap download speeds to save bandwidth. Steam and those things have a ton of bandwidth so that's why it's faster.
NaCl10
NaCl10
Posts Posts : 6
GeekCred GeekCred : 1
Join date Join date : 2020-08-05

Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:00 am
3onk wrote:Websites can cap download speeds to save bandwidth. Steam and those things have a ton of bandwidth so that's why it's faster.
They said from the same source in the original post.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum